When we have the opportunity to engage others, whether it be personally, professionally and even with family--we are always extending to others exactly who we are and what we know.
In selecting this topic, I am of the humble opinion that the more we know the better we grow. Cutting our teeth on learning communication techniques will always serve to be both respectful of others while keeping our own self respect.
By constantly filling our self up with all of the good, positive, pure and healthy will certainly give us the edge in life to become a higher functioninjg individual.
On my home page of my web site, bobrileycoaching.com, you will find three universal benefits to coaching. Communication is one of the three, however the other two are directly tied to how we express to others what we want, need , expect and tolerate. Please check those out when you can as well as lettters on my blog.
The 6 ways to build people are::
1. Be Amicable with Everyone. This isn't to say you are or will be buddy-buddy with them, just that you are more approachable, inviting and open to all.
2. Share with Everyone. Be that willing to share yourself with others as they will feel comfortable doing the same with you. Of course there is a limit and boundary to some things, I understand, however to be too guarded will keep from developing trust and dedication from them to you.
3. Seek Out Mentors and Knowledge. Anything needed to help you learn more, become more is certainly available to you if you just search long and hard enoough to find it.
4. Be Royally Loyal. Hewlett Packard learned this day after day after day within his organization. He walked the floor of his company demonstrating this to his people. The more you give this the more you will get in return. It is the best investment in others you can make.
5. Care to Be Fair. When you emulate this to others, their behavior towards you and others will yield a very positive return.
6. Always Find the Humor in Most Situations. One of the best indicators of one's ability to lead and be a positive role model is to laugh at themselves first so as to not leave the job to others. It neutralizes pressure in most all tense situations and brings a calm to any energized atmosphere.
I wish you all well as you continue to develop yourself in whatever way you feel the need to grow in. Just know that this journey through life is just that and not a destination we ever reach.
Monday, October 11, 2010
There are as many differences between the sexes that we can imagine, however the importance of understanding both is crucial to the happiness of all.We never are going to fully know the inner workings of a woman's mind yet we need to live our life like we do.There are things we can do to begin a process of shifting our thoughts to reflect a more open, understanding mindset. A great way to demonstrate this is to learn how to truly forgive and to apologize. I am sure a automatic knee jerk reaction to this is, " sure, bet on it-can't wait". Well-we can continue on our merry way looking to "be right" OR we can choose to be happy.Your choice. When someone has to be right all of the time that means someone else has to be wrong. How do you think that feels always for them? Forgiving and apologizing in a sincere way is the highest form of respect you can give someone. It starts with you first though to have a genuine, gracious, open and honest heart. Pure love is able to be released to others which I believe is our greatest ability to create joy peace and happiness.Forgiving is totally releasing any emotion or future attitude toward another human being in regards to what was said or done. To truly do this for another gives you the best oppoprtunity to be forgiven when it becomes your turn. When you teach people how to treat you, they sense a feeling of trust, acceptance and support. When it comes to apologizing, learn the art of doing this which means "no explanations". If indeed you were illmannered, insensitive, abusive, etc, be man enough to say it, own it and ackowledge just what you did. Too many times men give these watered down excuses, reasons and explanations, hoping the other person will buy one of them to make it go away. That approach will never validate the other person in regards to the way they were made to feel. Men may not worry about this because usually a quick apology between men will do, however that is not what this is all about. Get this--if you are unwilling to be explicit with your mistakes and express this to a woman, she will keep the discussion going until you do. It just is extremely different for them. This is a law of life and definitely non-negotiable.These are two subjects we could go on and on with, I realize that, however if this is needed in your relationship or your life I would be glad to be of assistance. Happy trails!!